- Ripe bananas - not overripe
- Lemon juice mixed with a bit of water so bananas don't brown
Very little prep time, a few hours of baking time - worth it for the crispy results! Different recipes allow different times, so experiment with your oven for the best results.
- Slice bananas about 3-4 mm (about 1/8 inch) thin
- Arrange on a non-stick cookie sheet or on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Brush slices with the lemon juice
- Bake in low oven, about 100-110 Celsius (about 200-225 F) for 1-2 hours, until dry
Let the chips cool after removing. They will still be flexible but will crisp up as they cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.